Monday, November 2, 2009

Lucky Day Grilled Cheese


My mise en place:

From left to right with top row: batch 35 cheese, honey mustard, sliced tomatoes, butter
From left to right bottom row: bacon fat, bacon, bread

The process:
Dipping the sandwich in bacon fat, before pan frying.



Cooking the sandwich:

Cooking the sandwich till the cheese melts.


Final Product:
The sandwich was very easy to make and as I was making it, instead of using olive oil, I figured I mind as well us bacon fat. I also decided to use real bacon slices rather than canadian bacon and I also used batch 35 cheese, rather than cheddar. It was delicious. The sandwich that I just made and ate was 'superb," as was said in the book. It seems that the characters in the Rules of the Road really have a desire for passion, and of course great food.










2 comments:

  1. The sandwich definitely is "superb." I think using real bacon slices and using the bacon fat to cook the sandwich was a really cool concept. I like the fact that you chose a thick bread as well. It looks like a heart attack and half but at least we'll go down with a great taste on our palate and a smile on our face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sandwich looks AMAZING! I love bacon more than anything on this planet and to top it all off he put it inside and outside of my favorite sandwich to. i think he also did a good job of tying it in with the story as well.

    ReplyDelete